We are already past mid-october and I’m so sad cause cozy season is going by too fast! BUT, I got the perfect remedy for that and it’s cooking thousands and thousands of pumpkins and make your heart & tummy feel super good. Today’s recipe is super easy, very few ingredients & honestly, I was shocked at HOW GOOD this tasted. Sometimes, the easier, the better ! And today’s recipe is none other than a super creamy pumpkin pasta that is out of this world.
Check out the video recipe right here !
If you dont’ have pumpkin purée…
I don’t know where you can buy pumpkin purée in France, I am clueless. But I find that making it yourself is an excellent alternative and one that is much healthier because you know what goes in! To make homemade pumpkin purée, what I do is:
- Wash the pumpkins thoroughly.
- Cut them in half
- Carve out the seeds
- Add some olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Put in the oven for 1h at 180ºC.
- When that hour has passed, either run them through a blender or use a hand masher. I usually go for the latter because I enjoy having a much thicker purée.
And that is all you need. This makes enough pumpkin purée for all your pumpkin lover needs! With two pumpkins I made enough purée to make this recipe three times and also make some pumpkin spice latte which was, oh gosh, so so good.
Alternatives to this creamy pumpkin pasta
I think this is the first time I cook with pumpkin on tofucado so I cannot say I have some alternative to the pumpkin side of things, but I do have some alternatives that are pasta dishes. So here, some of my pasta recipes :
Vegan Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1.5-2 cups rice milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked hot paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 servings pasta
- Cook the onion & garlic as thinly as possible.
- In a pan, add some olive oil & once it is hot, add the onion & garlic.
- Cook at medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin purée and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice milk and stir well. Add the paprika, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes and let it to rest.
- Cook the pasta of your choosing following package instructions. When it is ready, drain the pasta and in the pot you cooked it, mix the pasta & the pumpkin mix together.
- Serve in a plate and add either some vegan cheese or some nutritional yeast.