Easy recipes are my go-to, and since we have mostly been cooking 2 meals a day since mid-march… Well, they have become my even higher go-to recipes. Sometimes a few ingredients, some good seasoning and just 30 minutes of your time can give you a great meal and this tomato tarte tatin is no exception. I had this thing in mind because we had so many tomatoes and they were very ripe and I was like, why not make a tarte with them? So I did, and the result was so good!
N’oubliez pas que la recette est disponible en français tout en bas!
- Rough puff pastry (vegan)
- Spices: oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Mozzarella: you can use vegan mozza if you want!
How to make this tomato tarte tatin?
First of all, choose a pan that is oven-friendly, otherwise you won’t be able to do this recipe the way I do it. If you don’t have a pan that is oven-friendly, you can cook the tomatoes in a pan, then transfer them to an oven-friendly tray and do the rest.
So, chop the tomatoes in halves, add them to a pan with some olive oil, the spices (except for the basil) and the balsamic vinegar and cook it for 10-20 minutes. Once that time has passed, cover the tomatoes with the puff pastry and in the oven it goes. I cooked mine for 20 minutes at 200ºC.
When it’s ready, leave it to rest for at least 15 minutes. You can flip it after that and then it’s all good to go. What you can do after that is top it with some fresh basil, cover it with mozzarella and leave it there. If you want to eat it right away go ahead, but this recipe is also pretty good cold !
Alternatives to this tarte
You could do the same thing with zuchinnis, peppers or any other veggie that works well in summer. You can even do a tomato pesto tarte with similar ingredients, just adding some pesto at the end !
If you want to skip the savory side of this tarte and go straight for dessert, don’t worry I got you. I have already done a sugary apple tarte tatin. You can check it out right here.
Vegan Tomato Tarte Tatin Recipe
- 5-6 medium sized tomatoes.
- 1 rough puff pastry Vegan
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Mozzarella (optional)
- Cut the tomatoes in halves. Cook them in a pan that is oven-friendly.
- Add some olive oil to the pan, then the balsamic vinegar and the spices. Cook the tomatoes for 15 minutes. Preheat oven at 200ºC.
- Cover the tomatoes with the rough puff pastry, tucking it in at the borders.
- Cook the tarte in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Take the tarte out of the oven, wait 15 minutes at least before flipping it.
- Flip the tarte and serve with the fresh basil. You can top yours with some mozzarella if you want.
- Enjoy !
Recette en français – Tarte tatin tomates vegan
- 5-6 tomates (taille moyenne).
- 1 pâte feuilletée (vegan)
- 2 cuillères à soupe de vinaigre balsamique.
- 1 cuillère à soupe d’huile d’olive.
- Épices: 1 cuillère à soupe d’origan, sel et poivre au goût et des feuilles de basilic frais.
- Mozzarella: optionnel.
- Couper les tomates en moitiés. Cuire dans une poêle qui est compatible au four.
- Ajouter un peu d’huile d’olive, puis le vinaigre, puis les épices (sauf le basilic). Cuite pendant 15 minutes. Préchauffer le four à 200ºC.
- Couvrir les tomates avec la pâte.
- Mettre la tarte dans le four et cuire pendant 20 minutes.
- Sortir la tarte, attendre 15 minutes minimum et retourner la tarte.
- Déguster avec le basilic frais et un peu de mozzarella si vous le souhaitez.
- Bon appétit !