Well, well, after almost 2 years of tofucado and a youtube channel… I finally publish a spanish croquetas recipe. Croquetas are the best. Period. That’s it. That’s all you need to know, just scroll down & watch the video or take a look at the recipe and go make yourself some croquetas. Because they are simply the best. Today I made some spinach & Leek croquetas which are super good (a bit of cheese would have made them even more perfect!).
As per usual, the recipe comes with a video. Do not forget to subscribe, like, comment & share the recipe if you liked it!
Ingredients to make these spinach & leek spanish croquetas
- Spinach & leek (duh)
- Herbs: salt & pepper, nutmeg, oregano & paprika.
Sounds super easy, right? That’s the beauty of croquetas & the method I will show you works for any type of croqueta, the method will be the same, just replace the spinach & leek for whatever you want and voilà, you got yourselves some other croquetas.
So basically if you want to prepare some carrots and cheese croquetas, you will just swap the spinach and leek for that and repeat the same recipe. If you are feeling more like a ham&cheese croquetas, well, same method, just swap those two ingredients. This recipe is really really easy to replicate, and the more croquetas you do, the easier it will be to become the croquetas master at your place!
Similar recipes to spanish croquetas one
Spanish cuisine has many many many good things and I have cooked a lot of recipes already. These spinach & leek spanish croquetas are awesome, but there many other recipes to discover. If you want to check them out, I’ve listed them right here for you :
- Spinach & tofu ricotta canneloni
- Duo of gazpachos
- Tortilla de patatas
- Escalivada (catalan roasted vegetables)
Spinach and Leek Spanish Croquetas
- 300 g frozen spinach
- 1 leek Medium
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp paprika
For the coating
- Plant-based milk + salt Or beaten egg + salt
- Cut the leek as small as possible.
- In a pan, cook the spinach for 2-3 minutes with some olive oil then add the leek, cook 2 minutes then add the herbs.
- Mix the milk + cornstarch together
- . Continue to cook for 10 minutes then add the 1/2 cup flour.
- Add the milk & cornstarch and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Set aside and leave to cool down for 4h at least (I left mine overnight in the fridge).
- To coat the croquetas: prepare three bowls, in one bowl put some breadcrumbs, in another put some flour & in the other one put milk + salt or beaten egg + salt.
- To coat the croquetas: take a bit of th efilling, then shape the croquetas with your hands. Do a layer of flour, then milk + salt (or egg + salt), then breadcrumbs. Repeat till you have no more filling.
- Cook in a pan with a generous amount of olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add 3 croquetas (only cook three at a time!). Cook each side for 5 minutes max.
- When the croquetas are done, take them out of the pan and place them in a plate covered with kitchen towels (this will help absorbe the excess of olive oil).