Hi guys ! I know it’s wednesday and wednesday it’s tips day but I’m currently super over worked at the job and outside of it so I didn’t have time to come up with a long and well-written tips post.
However, I have a super nice recipe that I had been saving up for days like this: Instant Pot Chickpea cous-cous!
|Difficulty: 1/5||Prep time: 5 minutes|
|Type: Instant Pot||Pressure time: 10 minutes|
Cook time : 6 minutes
Release type : 2 min natural Release (NR) then Quick Release (QR)
Serves 4 people :
- 1 can of chickpeas (300g)
- 2 cups of cabbage
- 2 carrots (medium)
- 1 cup of swiss chard
- 2 onions
- 1 zuchinni
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of chipotle spices
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- A pinch of salt
- Turn on the Instant Pot to “sauté”; timer 10 minutes. Once it’s hot, add a bit of olive oil and let it reheat a bit.
- When the olive oil is hot, add the onions and let them cook for 1-2 minutes max.
- Add then the rest of the ingredients (Vegetables and spices) except for the tomatoes and the chickpeas.
- Mix well and let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas and mix.
- Add 1 cup of water or broth (As you wish).
- Close the lid, put the vent to pressure and then select “pressure cooker” for 6 minutes. It took around 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure and start the timer.
- Once timer goes to 0, leave for a couple of minutes and then do a quick release.
To complete the meal, I made some cous-cous on the side and added a bit of nutritional yeast. It was honestly really yummy and the whole thing took like 30 minutes to be ready. After it was done I had enough for 4 full meals ! Next time I will be adding some extra chickpeas but the rest was great.
I hope you liked this recipe and please tell me if you make it at home! It’s my first time publishing an instant pot recipe so I’ll be very happy to hear your feedback !