Well, this recipe has been in my drafts for longer than I’d like to admit but I think it’s about time it sees the light of the day. Basically cause I made it again the other day and I got reminded of how good and tasty this was. So, after a long hiatus, here my favorite pasta dish (well, almost my favorite, that kimchi mac & cheese recipe is not far from being up at the top): creamy and spicy shrimp pasta with mushrooms.
Ingredients to prepare this spicy shrimp pasta
What do you actually need to make this recipe happen?
- Shrimps (I used frozen cause fresh shrimp are super expensive in Paris, and not that worth it for the price)
- Pasta (duh)
- Onion and garlic, our besties
- Some white wine (preferably dry!)
- Milk (or cream if you want it even thicker!)
- Seasoning: Chili flakes, Salt & pepper
- Parmesan cheese
So how do you make spicy shrimp pasta?
Well, the steps are extremely easy: you cook the shrimp, mushrooms, onion & garlic with some butter, then you add the seasoning, cream and wine and you let it simmer.
While that is happening, you boil your pasta according to the package instructions and then once the pasta is cooked, you drain it and mix it with the shrimp sauce !
If you don’t like shrimp but you still want seafood or fish:
- Calamari would work amazingly as well
- Salmon if you want some fish (add some asparagus and it’d be so good!)
If you want something vegetarian-friendly:
Do not add shrimp but add more vegetables, add broccoli, spinach, zucchini, make a veggie party. I have actually done several vegetarian friendly creamy pasta recipes:
If you want don’t like seafood nor fish but want some meat:
- Chicken works wonders with these recipes
- Bacon as well!
Creamy & spicy shrimp pasta with mushroomsCourse: Lunch, DinnerDifficulty: Easy
An amazing, super simple & delicious recipe for those lazy dinner nights!
2 cups shrimps (around 200 g)
1.5 cups mushrooms (200 g)
1 yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp butter (14 g)
1 cup of wine (240ml)
2/3 cup cream or full-fat milk (160ml)
2-3 tbsp chili flakes (Adjust to your taste)
Salt & pepper to your taste
Parmesan as a topping
2 servings of pasta (I used spaghetti)
- Melt the butter in a hot pan. Cook the onion & garlic for a couple of minutes, then add the shrimp.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes at medium heat then add the mushrooms & all the seasoning.
- Mix well, cook for a couple of minutes then add the wine & the cream.
- Let it simmer at low heat while you boil the pasta following package instructions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and mix it with the creamy shrimp.
- Plate it and top with some shredded parmesan!